2011-03-15

Epson EH-TW3200 - viewing photos



Windows Media Center was my favorite HTPC program until I tried to view my photos with it and wanted to zoom in. They take the screen resolution and just use digital zoom if you want to zoom in, I hoped that this would change in Windows 7 but sadly no it did not.
A year ago I found XBMC and fell in love with that gorgeous program.
If you want to zoom in with XBMC they use your photo resolution first before they use digital zoom. Looks so much better.

Now let me tell you a bit about what you can do with a nice projector, a HTPC and XBMC.
You heard of famous paintings by Dali and Picasso, but have you heard of The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch?
No?
Bummer - no matter, get the 34 megapixel picture here.
Now get ready for a wild ride, sit back, zoom in and then let the cursor keys do, what people in a museum would love to do. Get up close and personal with one of the most amazing paintings ever. ( If you figure some of the scenes out, let me know in the comments below.)

1600 pixel wide, click for full size



see the little box? this is how much we zoomed in, and it gets much closer.
1600 pixel wide, click for full size

time to hit the sack now, more later

1 comment:

If you want to talk to me, use the comments box at the end of the post. No need to register or log in.